www.bassweightrecordings.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

(CHCH) / UK DIRECT DUBSTEP / "N-TYPE" / 19-04-08

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

subtleprmtns@gmail.com

(CHCH) / UK DIRECT DUBSTEP / "N-TYPE" / 19-04-08 Subtlewidetv4.th PROUDLY PRESENTS

(CHCH) / UK DIRECT DUBSTEP / "N-TYPE" / 19-04-08 Ntypewebln8

N-TYPE

N-TYPE, DJ/PRODUCER/LABEL OWNER,HAILS FROM THE DEEPEST REACHES OF THE UK, SURREY TO BE PRECISE.

As Dubstep rushes into 2008, it finds itself the most rapidly expanding and exciting UK urban music genre and standing at the forefront of that explosive growth is one of the scene's most energetic and popular DJ's… Subtle Promotions proudly presents the one, the only, DJ N-TYPE.

Croydon's N-Type, so called at high school because his surname begins with an 'n' and he plays his own type of music, began DJ-ing at 14, some 12 years ago. Back then – like many dubsteppers today – his preserve was jungle. His hero was Andy C. Then the only other DJ in his year, Walsh, slipped him a tape of UK garage don EZ. Between Andy C's high octane crowd pleasing style and EZ's legendary flawless mixing, perhaps the seeds of N-Types sound were sown there and then. Regardless, Walsh's EZ tape had a profound effect on N-Type: he'd caught the garage bug.

Encouraged by Hatcha and Jon from Croydon's legendary Big Apple emporium, he submitted a mixtape to So Solid Crew's South London pirate station, Delight FM. He soon found himself playing dark garage to unsuspected shoppers coming home on a Saturday afternoon. "I kept getting texts saying 'what do you call this rubbish?'" laughs N-Type. He wasn't put off. Delight soon suffered from unwanted DTI attention, so N-Type approached east London's legendary grime station Rinse FM. This was at a time when Rinse began wholeheartedly embracing the dubstep community, throwing it a vital lifeline. N-Type never looked back. As dubstep evolved, sets soon followed at the scene's founding club, Forward>>, and as they began to be increasingly well received by the crowd, they began to form a unique sonic identity. "I've always had in my mind's eye what I wanted my sound to be" he admits.

Today the N-Type sound is fully formed. Through intense quick mixes, rapid bass wobbles and waves of mid range noise. N-Type sets are distinctive and intense. "I like jump up tunes, with a bit of energy" he explains. "I like all the sounds in dubstep - but when I'm playing out I like tunes to keep people dancing." Through his impressive deck skills, he is both able to respond to the crowd's demands and give them more like as a strain of the dubstep virus mutates from a skunked-out, local experimental community to an international form of 'big room' high-energy dance music.

N-Type: "Music is my life! Dubstep is the perfect sound for me! I think it has everything! The right speed so you can either break out on the dance floor and go mental or chill in your living room with a zoot! Dubstep is my home! "

DUBSTEP FORUM AWARDS 2007
N-TYPE AWARDED:

-BEST DJ 2007
-BEST RADIO SHOW 2007
-CD OF THE YEAR 2007 (Dubstep Allstars Vol5)

SATURDAY 19TH APRIL 2008
AT DOUBLE HAPPY
SUBTLE SOUNDSYSTEM INSIDE

LOCAL SUPPORT :

- L-QUE B2B MAFIC
- TIMMY C B2B SUBZ
- J-RED B2B MR STEEL
- DSD B2B ILL-FIGZ

SLASHER VISION SORTING THE EYE CANDY

TICKETS IN COSMIC CORNERS NOW

Funkdamunk

Funkdamunk